Each East Flemish Belgian that follows the trendy Ghentian scene, already knows that Dok Noord is the new place-to-be to live in, to relax in and to do business in. On the 28th of September, we take you to this up-coming neighbourhood to visit a few economic hotspots and meet some entrepreneurs that chose Dok Noord as the epicentre of their company.
From a short presentation at Klein Barnum about the trendy offices of Trendwolves, Teamleader and In the Pocket, to spicy snacks at Eetavontuur and cocktails on the roof terrace of Story Me: highly recommended!
Dok Noord is not only a part of the small ring of Ghent. In the first place, it is the reconversion of the former ACEC-factories.
It is located in “Heilig-Kerstbuurt”, about 500m from the centre and south of the 29th century-districts “Voormuide” and “Muide-Meulestede”. The domain is also located alongside the Handelsdok, this is connected with the northern seaport of Ghent.
Dok Noord is also the start of the project Oude Dokken: an area of more than 60 hectares starting from the Dampoort until the Muide. This large scale project will create a real Docklands in Ghent in the next few years.
Behind the impressive façade of Dok Noord, there are a lot of entrepreneurs that conquer Flanders, Belgium and the world through Dok Noord with their ideas, products and services.
Hans De Neef, project developer of Dok Noord, outlines the history of the location on the 28th of September. Afterwards, we visit some interesting companies and we end with a network drink.
Come and have a look!
- 17.00 – 17.15 u. Gather at Carelsplein in the indoor multifunctional room
- 17.15 – 17.25 u. Welcoming – Stefan Derluyn, Voka East-Flanders + history and plans Dok Noord – Hans De Neef, Vastgoed Dok Noord
- 17.25 – 18.00 u. A snack at Eetavontuur (Dok Noord 6A)
- 18.00 – 18.30 u.
- Group 1: Visit Teamleader (Dok Noord 3A/101)
- Group 2: Visit Trendwolves + In the Pocket (Sassevaartstraat 46/402)
- 18.30 – 19.00 u. Visit and presentation Klein Barnum (Dok Noord 4C/101)
- 19.00 – 19.30 u.
- Group 1: Visit Trendwolves + In the Pocket (Sassevaartstraat 46/402)
- Group 2: Visit Teamleader (Dok Noord 3A/101)
- 19.30 – 20.30 u. Cocktails on the roof terrace of Story Me (Dok Noord 3A – 503)
Information and registration
Registration is possible until the 26th of September 2017. Want to know more? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 266 15 60.